I am not a morning person, but this month I’ve needed to get to work around 5:30/6AM. On a daily basis, I sacrifice breakfast for as much sleep as I can get, but I still find a way to eat break fast! Here’s how…
I found this awesome website – Sweet Pea and Saffron. It’s an entire website of recipes geared towards meal prep! I’ve been testing out some of the recipes, and I haven’t found one I don’t like. An added perk – Denise (the author) lists nutrition facts for each of her recipes!
Here’s the breakfast muffins I’ve been making. They only take me about 20 minutes to make an entire batch, I can freeze them, the ingredients are cheap, I add whatever ingredients and flavors that I want, and they’re easy to eat on the way to work.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats ($2.99 for 18oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon⠀($1.99 for a bottle)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder⠀($1.99 for 10oz)
- 1 large egg⠀($3.99 for 18 eggs)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey⠀($4.19 for a bottle of honey)
- 1 cup milk any kind⠀($2.29 for almond milk)
- Silicone cupcake liners ($5.99 on Amazon)
Additional Ingredients you can add:
- Dried cranberries
- Almond slices
- Any type of fruit (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Check out the link above to see additional recipe ideas
- Get creative!